Monday, October 10, 2011

A Snake I Caught

This afternoon I saw and caught a snake in our backyard. At the moment we are unsure which snake it is. We think it is a San Diego Gopher snake.

I was going to water our Incense cedar sapling when I saw it sunning itself on a rock. I put a bucket beneath it and chased it in with a stick, putting a tennis racket over it. The snake was trying to escape, so I left my siblings in charge while I got a better container. They let the lid fall off though, and freaked out so much they knocked over the bucket. I chased it with my "tools", a glove and a piece of bark. I soon re-caught it and fed it a goldfish and earthworm, however it hasn't eaten yet, either because it's not hungry or it's too scared.

3 comments:

Joseph - Go fish! said...

Sorry, you can't legally take it as a pet, or your parents can't that is (if you are under 16).

Jonathan said...

You will need to feed it a live mouse every month
and why the heck did you feed it a gold fish its garter snakes that eat those

Joseph Esparza said...

maybe it was just gross... a dead goldfish? and a wimpy worm!